This unique series of books encourages readers to explore the geography and
culture of fascinating countries as they enjoy and learn about the oral tradition.
Each title includes:
• A folk poem or song and a folktale, myth, or legend from the target country
• A literary nonfiction section covering various aspects of the story’s setting
• A how-to text—a recipe of an easy-to-make, kid-friendly, traditional dish
• An appealing illustrated map that serves as a springboard for further
• A glossary of regional and challenging terms
A lomo de cuento is a unique series that encourages young readers to explore the geography and culture of fascinating countries as they explore and enjoy oral tradition. This volume about Cuba opens with the folktale El güije de la charca and on the informational section covers different aspects of Cuba’s geography and fauna, the country’s rich African heritage and historical buildings, and more. Includes an easy-to-make recipe, Cuban adages, and an illustrated map.
- A lomo de cuento por Cuba: El güije de la charca
- Sergio Andricaín , Antonio Orlando Rodríguez
- Roger Ycaza
- 16.95 $
- Publish date:
- 32 pgs.