La guerra que salvó mi vida
Multiple Award-Winning Title
Nine-year-old Ada has never left her one-room apartment. Her mother is too humiliated by Ada’s twisted foot to let her outside. So when her little brother Jamie is shipped out of London to escape the war, Ada doesn’t waste a minute—she sneaks out to join him.
So begins a new adventure of Ada, and for Susan Smith, the woman who is forced to take the two kids in. As Ada teaches herself to ride a pony, learns to read, and watches for German spies, she begins to trust Susan—and Susan begins to love Ada and Jamie. But in the end, will their bond be enough to hold them together through wartime? Or will Ada and her brother fall back into the cruel hands of their mother?
- 2016 Newbery Honor Book
- 2016 Schneider Family Book Award (Middle School)
- 2016 Josette Frank Award
- Wall Street Journal Best Children’s Books of 2015
- New York Public Library’s 100 Books for Reading and Sharing
- Chicago Public Library’s Best of the Best Books 2015
- Publishers Weekly Best Books of 2015
- Kirkus Best Books of 2015
- Horn Book Fanfare Book 2015
- Parents’ Choice 2015 Fiction, Gold
- La guerra que salvó mi vida
- The War that Saved My Life
- Kimberly Brubaker-Bradley
- 14.95 $
- Publish date:
- 5¼" x 8"
- 320 pgs.